Join theJustice First Tour throughout the Southeastern United States! The tour features local speakers, solution-centered dialogue, and is celebration through art and music.
Southern communities are on the frontlines of the climate crisis. The Justice First Tour is calling for a strong network of grassroots and frontline organizations working together to advance justice of all forms. Please consider providing a donation to this crucial causehere.
Hosts: New Alpha Community Development Corporation, Dogwood Alliance, NC Climate Justice Summit, NC Interfaith Power and Light, the NC Environmental Justice Network, the Rachel Carson Council, and NC WARN.
More: Southern communities are on the frontlines of the climate crisis in the US, bearing the greatest impacts of an economic system of exploitation that continues to concentrate power and wealth into the hands of a few, while many people suffer. Across the South, many of us have risen to address this challenge. Unfortunately, our very best intentions have often left our movement segmented when it comes to speaking with one unified voice. Now, more than ever, we need to come together and unite in one voice for climate justice and stand together to advance long-term solutions that put justice first and lift frontline communities up.
The Justice 1st Tour calls for a strong network of grassroots and frontline organizations working together to advance climate justice and forest protection, with a focus on 100% clean energy for 100% of the people. To solve the climate crisis, we need to put Justice first.
The Tour will travel to 10 Southern states to hold events that will feature local speakers, a dialogue on solutions, and celebration through art and music. Join us to be part of a movement of deeper relationships, elevated frontline community voices, and to build forward momentum as we organize solidarity events for the People’s Climate March and GOTV efforts for the midterm election.
- April 12th in Raleigh, North Carolina: Long Pine from 9am to 1pm, and Unitarian Fellowship from 6pm to 8pm
- April 13th in Charlotte, North Carolina: Union Presbyterian Church from 9am to 1pm for Prayer Breakfast
- April 14th in Charlotte, North Carolina: Little Rock AME Church from 6pm to 8pm
- May 19th in Richmond, Virginia: Virginia Union University from 9am to 1pm, Newport News from 6pm to 8pm (Location TBD)
- June 21st: Savannah, Georgia, Location TBD
- June 22nd: Charleston, South Carolina, Location TBD
- June 23rd: Florence, South Carolina and Florence, South Carolina, Locations TBD
More dates and locations are to be added soon. Stay tuned at the Tour Facebook page.