Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Hip Hop Caucus may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and Last Name
– Mailing Address
– E-mail Address
– Phone Number
– Birth date
Hip Hop Caucus may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Hip Hop Caucus collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
Hip Hop Caucus may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Hip Hop Caucus and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Hip Hop Caucus does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Hip Hop Caucus may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Hip Hop Caucus, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Hip Hop Caucus may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Hip Hop Caucus or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Hip Hop Caucus; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Hip Hop Caucus, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Hip Hop Caucus. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Hip Hop Caucus website.
The Hip Hop Caucus website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Hip Hop Caucus pages, or register with Hip Hop Caucus site or services, a cookie helps Hip Hop Caucus to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Hip Hop Caucus website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Hip Hop Caucus features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Hip Hop Caucus services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Hip Hop Caucus secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Hip Hop Caucus uses the following methods for this purpose:
– SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Hip Hop Caucus collects personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. Hip Hop Caucus collects this information for the following reason(s): sign petitions and join forms.
If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. If you are a parent and you have questions regarding our data collection practices, please contact us using the information provided at the end of this Statement of Privacy.
From time to time, Hip Hop Caucus may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Hip Hop Caucus or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Hip Hop Caucus, you may opt out of such communications by click on the UNSUBSCRIBE button.
The Hip Hop Caucus Short Code 79591 provides alerts and updates to subscribers on Hip Hop Caucus’s actions and initiatives, including volunteer opportunities and civic engagement alerts.
Recurring messages can be expected. We will never sell your number any other information to a third party.
The wireless operator does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages. T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
1. When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
2. You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to 79591 to opt out. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us.
If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
3. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to 79591 for help. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
4. We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
5. As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. We will use mobile messaging to solicit volunteers, donations, and support for our organization.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Hip Hop Caucus welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Hip Hop Caucus has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Hip Hop Caucus at:
Hip Hop Caucus Education Fund
20 F St. NW, 7th Floor
Washington, District of Columbia 20001
Effective as of August 26, 2020