WASHINGTON, D.C. – On October 24, The Climate Reality Project, EARTHDAY.ORG, and Hip Hop Caucus are teaming up to present Your Vote, Your World, a virtual livestream event. Just 10 days out from the most important election in generations, Your Vote, Your World brings together activists, artists, musicians, and cultural icons to explore what’s at stake this November and highlight the important role young Americans will play in this historic election.
Your Vote, Your World is presented in partnership with the American Public Health Association, Black Millennials for Flint, Broadway Green Alliance, Center for Rural Enterprise and Environmental Justice, Corazón Latino, LCV Chispa, MOVE Texas, National Wildlife Federation, NAACP Youth and College Division, One Up Action, Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada, Plus1Vote, Poor People’s Campaign, Repairers of the Breach, Southwest Voter Registration Education Project, Vote Early Day, Voto Latino, and When We All Vote.
The virtual event will rally young voters to shape the next chapter of America’s history. Americans under the age of 39 make up 37 percent of the electorate, and as the largest and most diverse voting bloc in the country, these individuals have the power to make their voices heard on the issues they care about most.
The incredible lineup of celebrities, activists, artists, and elected officials participating in Your Vote, Your World includes:
- Al Gore, Founder and Chairman, The Climate Reality Project
- Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Jr., President and Founder, Hip Hop Caucus
- Stacey Abrams, Founder, Fair Fight Action
- Dr. Mustafa Santiago Ali, Vice President of Environmental Justice, Climate, and Community Revitalization, National Wildlife Federation
- Saad Amer, Founder and Director, Plus1Vote
- Bishop William J. Barber II, President, Repairers of the Breach; and Co-Chair, Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
- Dr. Robert D. Bullard, Professor of Urban Planning and Environmental Policy, Texas Southern University
- Charlie Bonner, Communications Director, MOVE Texas
- Don Cheadle, Actor
- China Chow, Actress
- Catherine Coleman Flowers, 2020 MacArthur Fellow
- Philippe Cousteau Jr., Filmmaker and Conservationist
- Ashlan Cousteau, Journalist and Conservationist
- Shepard Fairey, Artist
- Jason Gooljar, Digital Engagement Director, EARTHDAY.ORG
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Actor
- Lil Dicky, Rapper and Actor
- Derrick Lewis, National Field Organizer, NAACP Youth and College Division
- Kori Malia, Extinction Rebellion
- Dave Matthews, Musician
- Thomas Middleditch, Actor
- Ozomatli, Band
- Kevin Patel, Founder, OneUpAction
- Kal Penn, Host, Kal Penn Approves This Message
- Questlove of the Legendary Roots Crew
- Mark Ronson, Music Producer and DJ
- Dr. Yusef Salaam, Activist and Member of the Exonerated 5
- Adesina Sanchez, Tech Expert and TV Host
- Drew and Jonathan Scott, TV Personalities
- Lauren Singer, CEO, Package Free and Founder, Trash is For Tossers
- Stephanie Shepherd Suganami, Digital Influencer and Environmental Advocate
- Zeke Thomas, DJ and Activist
- Alexandria Villaseñor, Founder, Earth Uprising
- Danni Washington, Science Communicator and TV Host
- Dr. Katharine K. Wilkinson, Author and Co-Founder of The All We Can Save Project
- Calum Worthy, Actor
“This election could very well determine whether we summon the will to solve the climate crisis, address systemic racism, and save our democracy,” said Al Gore. “And while there is so much at stake, I have never been more hopeful, thanks to the young leaders who continue to demonstrate their vision for a better, fairer future. The single most important thing we can do to make that vision a reality is vote this November.”
“This election comes at a critical time for both our country and our planet. Each of us has the right and responsibility to vote. Our event, Your Vote, Your World, is focused on providing our audience with the necessary information to make voting easy. The stakes for our democracy, our planet, and our future have never been higher, and voting is the first step to protect all three,” said Kathleen Rogers, president of EARTHDAY.ORG.
“Young people hold the power to fundamentally transform our country and build a future where we all thrive. Our lives, our planet and our civil rights are all on the line this November, and the time is now time to energize, organize and mobilize to the polls. Hip Hop Caucus, through our Respect My Vote! campaign, is proud to join so many incredible activists and artists at Your Vote, Your World to celebrate the power of our diverse voices,” said Rev. Lennox Yearwood Jr., President and Founder, Hip Hop Caucus.
For more information about Your Vote, Your World, please visit YourVoteYourWorld.org.
About Hip Hop Caucus (www.hiphopcaucus.org)
Formed in 2004, the Hip Hop Caucus (HHC) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that leverages Hip Hop culture to encourage young people to participate in the democratic process. Through a collaborative leadership network, HHC addresses core issues affecting underserved communities. HHC programs and campaigns support solution-driven community organizing led by today’s young leaders.
About The Climate Reality Project
Founded by Nobel Laureate and former Vice President Al Gore, The Climate Reality Project is working to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every level of society. With a global movement more than 5 million strong and a grassroots network of trained Climate Reality Leader activists, we are spreading the truth about the climate crisis and building popular support for clean energy solutions. For more information, visit www.climaterealityproject.org or follow us on Twitter at @ClimateReality.
EARTHDAY.ORG’s mission is to diversify, educate, and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day (1970), EARTHDAY.ORG is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 50,000 partners in nearly 192 countries to build environmental democracy. More than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. Learn more at earthday.org.
Hip Hop Caucus
The Climate Reality Project